Thursday, May 14, 2015

Kids Equal Future


Cookies, candy, pop, brownies. Something my younger sister jumps off the couch for. Instead of being outside on a hot summer day majority of kids today would rather be inside watching Netflix on their Ipads or playing video games.

            Luckily, my parents caught on early and stopped these habits. They showed her the side effects of what could happen if she didn’t start making some serious changes. She didn’t have to eat insanely healthy they just taught her to become more aware. She wasn’t very active at first, so we put every sport you could think of in a jar and she was allowed to pass on the first two if she didn’t want them but the last pick had to be the sport she was going to try. Her last choice was volleyball. Even just practicing two days a week allowed her to get much more physical activity. Everyone in our family has started to watch her grow and become much more conscious of the food she is putting in her body.

            I understand kids are picky; if you know my sister you definitely understand. But, helping kids to understand the importance of nutrition at a young age allows them to become more aware. That way you don’t end up like me, once I hit that point where I couldn’t eat everything I wanted and it started to show a little. My parents learned from watching my siblings and myself grow that you must teach them the importance of nutrition young. Kids today are our feature; now let’s provide them the information they need to live healthier and longer lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment