Thursday, May 14, 2015

Talkers and Doers


I want to lose weight. I wish I was a smaller size. I wish I had her body. These are statements I hear, and these are also the statements that drive me up walls because all I hear are complaints and zero action. I call these people talkers.

            Talkers are the people who want to reach a certain goal but take no action in trying to obtain that goal. People want to reach their ideal size and weight, but yet we see them “trying” to reach those goals by waiting in the fast food line at McDonalds. I promote for a healthy shake company called Visalus, and being as fit and healthy as I try to be I am approached all the time by talkers. I have no problem helping people who go above and beyond for their goals, but it only becomes frustrating when they only talk of what they want but do nothing to better themselves. I prefer to work with the doers.

            Doers are rare, but I feel you can make anyone a doer. The business I am in proves you can take talkers and turn them into doers, but it just requires more time and effort. Many people today do not know where to start when it comes to losing weight or just getting a little more fit. But, that is why the doers must learn to help the talkers. No matter how frustrating it may be, I think we need the doers to give the talkers a little push. If you’re unaware of how to obtain your goals then reach out to others, research a couple things, find a gym that is affordable, and start making changes in your life. If you’re comfortable in the changes you are making then you’re not doing it right; you must become uncomfortable first because that’s when you know you are actually making changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment