Thursday, May 14, 2015

Weight Room


A weight room is a place for people to escape and better their bodies. It should provide the proper equipment, have a good location and provide enough availability, enough space to perform activities, and a comfortable environment for guests. Urbana Universities (UU) weight room only offers one; a good location.

            I am a volleyball player at UU and I personally hate having to lift in the weight room. First, it is extremely difficult to find a time available in the weight room because there are too many different teams trying to make time in there as well. The equipment is not up to date with rust starting to form on the weights and you do not feel safe using it. Just the other day when I was using the equipment, the clips kept sliding back and forth of the weight so they couldn’t even hold the weights in place. Instead of mat they decided carpet would be better…in a weight room. The carpet absorbs everything, such as sweat and even sometimes blood, which makes it appear disgusting. However, the location is good because it is located just above the gym for the athletes on campus.

            I enjoy escaping to the weight room, which means I have been to a couple different weight rooms. I have seen the good and I have seen the bad, and this weight room at UU is one of the worst. I think for it to have a better environment they should start completely over.

No comments:

Post a Comment